Friday 26 March 2021

America's Cup

 I learnt about the America's Cup.

First, I read some imformation about the America's Cup, I then sorted the information in to the what, where, why, and when boxes. This is also known as the main ideas. I learnt that the first race took place at the island of Wight in England so I put in the where.

Next, I did some summarising. I wrote down 20 most important words from the main ideas. I then reduced these to 6 words. I then used the 6 words to write my summary sencentences. 

Lastly, I did some evaluating. I needed to write down the facts that I had learnt. I then needed to think of questions or ideas I am still interested in or want to find out more information about.

 Using these 3 stratagies can be helpful because summarising and evaulvating can help with understanding many texts or sources of information at once. So you can then show how much you understand the larger topic.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.