Wednesday 18 November 2020

Volcanoe Names

Today I completed a task called Auckland volcanoes. This task was about matching the english version of the names with the maori names.

First Whaea Odie gathered us in groups to teach us how to say things in maori. For example: Be quiet- Turituri and more. 

Next we did an sheet called Auckland Volcanoes. This task was about the Volcanoes in Auckland like, Mt Wellington, Mt Richmond, and more. 

Lastly we did an activity sheet about the wheather. I liked activity because I learnt the names of some wheathers. For example: He kapua which means cloudly and Kua Whiti Te Ra means Sunny. 

I really enjoyed this maori session because I learnt how to say new words about the wheather.


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Fotu,

    Really interesting blog post you have written. I thought you did a good job on your DLO. What did you find hard about this task and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Te Raumati

      Thanks for the positive comment. I found matching the names difficult because I didn’t understand the language. How did you match the names that you didn’t know?

      Delete
    2. Hi Fotu!

      Thank you for answering my question. I used Maori dictionary to help me match the names that I didn’t know. Would you like to learn more of this language and why?

      Delete
    3. Hi Te Raumati

      Interesting question you have asked. Yes I would like to learn more of this language because it is the language of the country I live in. Thank you for this conversation.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.