Tuesday 17 August 2021

Synthesis and QAR | Fun, Fantastic, Fabulous, Fitness.

I learned how to do synthesis and QAR based on a text called Fun, Fastastic, Fabulous Fitness.


First we read an article called Fun Fastastic Fabulous Fitness. The text was about why schools should have more time on sports and fitness to be healthy.


Afterwards we did a task called synthesis. Synthesis is are about three boxes. They are prior knowledge, new information, and new understanding. Prior knowledge is something you already know, new information is something you learnt, and new understanding is something you learnt and something you understand.  

Finally we did a QAR task.  We had to answer the questions and put it in one of the boxes. The boxes were: Right there, Think and search, Author and me, and Own my own.

 Right there means you can point the answer in the book. Think and search means the answer is in the book but you have to look in different places to find the answer. Author and me means the answer is no in the text but you use your backround knowledge. On my own means the answer is not in the text but you could come up with your own answers.

I learned a lot about this activity because I used my reading skills to come up with answers.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.